The D2 MK II is a high quality dynamic microphone with a full-bodied sound and an excellent transient response. It has a consistent cardioid polar pattern for a low off-axis coloration and a good rejection of unwanted sounds.
The D2 MKII has a flat response with a mild lift in the upper midrange. It will exhibit a bass boost in the 75-300 Hz area at short distances due to the proximity effect which can help make voices and instruments sound fuller.
The three switches allows the user to adjust the frequency response. There are two switches for selecting two different bass roll off filters and one switch for lowering the response in a broad range centered around 5 kHz.
Equipped with an internal windscreen, an external pop filter will usually not be needed. The 5/8’ thread adaptor in the stand adaptor matches different stand gauges.
The D2 MK II is a versatile microphone that will perform very well in many applications, in the studio, on stage and in broadcast applications, for speech/vocals and instruments like kick-drum and electric bass.
• High output dynamic cartridge for a big and powerful sound.
• A clear, distinct and full-bodied Psound with a mild lift in the upper midrange and an increasing bass boost at closer distances.
• Cardioid polar pattern that reduces feedback in live use.
• Three switches for tailoring the sound.
• Rugged metal body
• Cartridge type: Dynamic
• Polar pattern: Cardioid
• Frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz
• Sensitivity: -52dB (0dB=1V/Pa@1kHz)
• Output impedance: 250 ohm